This chocolate protein smoothie bowl is a great start to your day. With it being easy it make, you can quickly make it and head out the door to face the day.
- Cut up and wash all your smoothie toppings ahead of time so you don’t get a melty smoothie bowl by the time you are ready to top it.
- Place all of the smoothie base ingredients in blender except for protein powder.
- Blend well.
- Add in the protein powder and give it a few pulses to blend in.
- Pour smoothie base into your bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
- For an extra special treat, throw in some chocolate chips on the top!
While smoothies are great for morning nourishment or afternoon snacks, one of the problems with them can be how fast we drink them down. Slurping down our protein shakes too fast prevents the digestive enzymes in our saliva from getting enough contact with our food to adequately start the process of digestion. The benefit of smoothie bowls is they are extra filling with toppings to chew, and all that chewing allows your saliva and enzymes more time to work on your food before it is swallowed. Win-win.