This almond joy tart is a quick and easy no-bake, gluten-free tart sure to wow your friends and family! The creaminess of the coconut combines with the thickness of the chocolate and almond to create a smooth, satisfying texture that compliments the rich Almond Joy flavor perfectly. The best part? Each mouth-watering bite contains a wealth of minerals and collagen from our newest product, Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides – Hot Cocoa flavor! Not only is it gluten free, but it also contains no cow dairy and only a slight amount of goat milk lactose from the Clean Minerals, making it perfect for those with sensitivities or difficulty digesting dairy.
Get Started with the Crust:
Start with the crust. I love how easy and tasty it is! It doesn’t need any flour or butter to get its soft texture with a nice bite from the almonds and coconut. Pulse the almonds in a food processor for 5 minutes or until they reach your desired consistency. If your almond chunks are the size of peas, your crust is going to be very chunky and may fall apart easily. I prefer a smoother crust, so I went for tinier chunks. I blended for about five minutes, stopping to re-incorporate any bigger chunks that rose to the top. After the almonds are nicely pulsed, add the coconut flakes and pulse until well-incorporated, which took my food processor about 2-3 minutes.
Once the almonds and coconut look well-mixed and the correct consistency, add the chocolate as well as the remaining ingredients and blend until the crust begins to stick together and form into large chunks or one big ball. If your tart pan is not nonstick, you may want to use coconut oil sparingly to grease it. My nonstick tart pan worked great, and between that and the coconut oil in the crust, I didn’t have any issues at all with sticking. Spread your crust “dough” evenly inside the pan, making sure to get it all the way to the top of the edges – this will keep the filling contained when you pour it in.
Leave the crust in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let it set completely. I ended up doing other things and left it for about 3 hours, but it was definitely set before then.
Now for the filling. In a blender, combine the coconut cream, coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond butter, vanilla extract, Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides, and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth. The almond butter is essential here, as it will help the coconut oil to incorporate. Because coconut oil is not liquid at room temperature, it could help to melt it first before adding. That being said, I used it at room temp, and it ended up working just fine.
Once everything is combined and smooth, remove your crust from the fridge.
I spread a thin layer of almond butter on the bottom of the crust before adding the filling. This is optional, but it was delicious! Other great options could be coconut flakes, chocolate, raspberry or other berry spreads, or peanut butter if you want another nut option. Adding coconut flakes is next on the docket for me. I think that would make the texture more reminiscent of Almond Joy. If you try other options, let us know in the comments how they turn out!
Pour the filling into the crust and put it back in the fridge to set. I left it overnight, but it should good to go within 3-4 hours.
Now all that remains is to slice up and serve this delicious gluten free Almond Joy Tart! My family and friends enjoyed it on its own. However, it would also be delicious topped with coconut, raspberries, chopped almonds, chocolate, or another topping of your choice.Print
No-Bake Gluten-Free Almond Joy Tart
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This quick and easy no-bake gluten-free tart is sure to wow your friends and family! The creaminess of the coconut combines with the thickness of the chocolate and almond to create a smooth, satisfying texture that compliments the rich flavor perfectly. The best part? Each mouth-watering bite contains a wealth of minerals and collagen from our newest product, Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides – Hot Cocoa flavor!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs cacoa or cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups coconut cream
- heaping 1/2 cup + several spoonfuls almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1+ tsp vanilla extract (to taste)
- 4 scoops Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides – Hot Cocoa
- 5 Tbs cacoa or cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pulse almonds in a food processor for 5 minutes or until the almond chunks are about the size of lentils or smaller. Add coconut flakes and pulse until well-incorporated, 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until crust begins to stick together and form into large chunks.
- If using a tart pan that is not nonstick, use coconut oil sparingly to grease pan. Spread crust evenly inside. Make sure to get crust all the way to the top of the edges – you want the filling completely contained!
- Leave in fridge for at least 30 minutes to let crust set completely.
- In a blender, combine coconut cream, coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond butter, vanilla extract, Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides, and cocoa powder. Blend until smooth.
- Remove crust from fridge.
- Optional: Spread thin layer of almond butter on bottom of crust.
- Pour filling into crust and put back in the fridge to set. Leave refrigerated for 2 hours up to overnight or until set.
- If you want a smoother crust and fewer steps, you can use almond flour in place of the raw almonds. If using almonds, the more you pulse them, the less chunky the crust will be — how long you pulse is completely up to personal preference!
- The coconut oil takes a while to blend in completely. Melting it before adding to the filling can help it incorporate more easily.
- Garnish with coconut or raspberry for an extra pizzaz of flavor and texture!
- I am a huge chocolate fan, so I love aaallll the cocoa powder. However, if you like your chocolate a bit sweeter and less rich, you can scale back on the cocoa powder a bit or add a some maple syrup to the filling.
- That said, this dessert is sweet as is. Though there is hardly any sweetener in the recipe, Clean Minerals with Collagen Peptides – Hot Cocoa contains honey crystals and monk fruit as natural sweetening agents, so only add maple syrup if you like your desserts very sweet.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Refrigerate Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
Keywords: gluten-free, cow dairy-free, tart, chocolate, almond, coconut, almond joy, dessert, no-bake