Who doesn’t love a good PB+J? It makes for a quick and easy lunch when you don’t have anything cooked in the fridge, can be a great afternoon snack, or great for hikes.
This PB+J Smoothie can be made 3 different ways with roasted strawberries, frozen strawberries or strawberry jam. Use what sounds good to you and get creative!
- 1 heaping scoop of peanut butter (around 1 ½ – 2 Tbs)
- Heaping 1/4 cup roasted strawberries or ¾-1 cup frozen strawberries or 1-2 Tbs strawberry jam
- 1 Tbs hemp hearts
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 4 level Tbs Deep 30 Strawberry Splash
- 8 oz goat milk or favorite nut or coconut milk
- 4 ice cubes for light ice up to ¾ cup for thicker smoothie
If using roasted strawberries, slice up about 2 cups or 1 lb of fresh strawberries. Sprinkle 1-2 Tbs sugar of your choosing on berries and add in 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix all together on a baking pan. Heat up oven to 350 and cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring once in the middle of cooking. Roasted strawberries are tasty and a new experience. Typically they are kind of saucy looking and a bit mushy looking when properly roasted. If you don’t get a lot of sauce, you can use a little more sugar next time. You won’t use all of the strawberries, so keep the rest in the fridge and consume within a few days.
Blend all ingredients and enjoy! Makes about a 16 oz portion.
The hemp hearts and chia seeds add fiber to the smoothie and omegas 3 and 6.