A lot of people grew up with gummy bears as a tasty childhood treat. Their fruity flavors delight the taste buds and smell great, but unfortunately they are devoid of nutrition and are mostly made of sugar (and usually corn syrup), with artificial colors, gelatin, and carnauba wax.
The good news is you can make your own healthy gummies at home, whether you want to shape them by letting them set in fun, silicone molds or just pour them straight into an 8×8 pan. These are a tasty fun treat with low amounts of sugar from maple syrup, fresh fruit, and gelatin with all it’s benefits (great joint support and more!)
- Extra virgin coconut oil for greasing pan
- 2 scoops Whole Goat Milk powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbs Goat Milk Cream
- 3 cups strawberries
- 4 Tbs gelatin (grass-fed!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
- Cut strawberries into slices and measure out 2 cups. Put these 2 cups into a food processor and puree. Set aside
- Cut up the rest of the strawberries (1 cup) into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat up water until warm and whisk in the milk powder (2 scoops). Pour mixed milk into blender and blend in 2 Tbs Goat Milk Cream flakes.
- Return liquid mixture back to pan and continue to heat over low/medium heat.
- Once the mixture is hot, whisk in the gelatin 1 Tbs at a time until dissolved.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the strawberry puree in and mix.
- Pour the cut up strawberry bits in and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the 8×8 pan and refrigerate for several hours until gelatin is set.
- Feel free to pour these into stars, hearts, or gummy bear molds if you have them! For extra fun for the kids you can buy lego brick molds and then they can build with the gummies! If you are using silicone molds, you do not need to grease them. Or you can use a cookie cutter to cut out fun shapes later.
- You can easily switch out strawberries for blueberries for this recipe. You can leave the 1 cup of blueberries whole or cut them in half and just puree the other 2 cups in the food processor without cutting them up beforehand.
- You can also try some sautéed apples with cinnamon for an apple pie gummy or maybe even a peaches and cream (note: I have not tried either of these, but they sound like they could work and be delicious!)
- Due to the fresh fruit, I would say this is best consumed within a few days.
- Make sure it is gelatin, not collagen peptides that are popular, as only gelatin will set it, collagen peptides won’t. You want it to be grass-fed for the highest quality.